Who doesn’t love a ripe mango recipe on a hot summer day? This aamras recipe is a summer delight in a bowl. Usually, Alphonso mangoes are used in this recipe but any juicy mango can be used as long as they are not fibrous. This classic summer cooler is a quick and easy recipe which holds great nutritional value along with a vibrant fragrance and a wonderful taste. The “King of Fruits” bears an array of health benefits namely:
High amounts of Vitamin A.
- Rich in carbohydrates.
- Acts as an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agent.
- High iron content.
- Contains vitamin E and selenium.
- Helps hormonal system function effectively.
Here is an easy aamras recipe to make the best use of mangoes:
- 1 ripe mango
- ½ teaspoon cardamom powder
- Powdered jaggery – 2 grams
- Milk – 100 ml
- Rinse and peel the mango.
- Add chopped mango pieces in a blender and blend.
- Add cardamom & jaggery powder. Blend again.
- Chill for an hour and serve.
Over to you:
Aamras can be stored in the refrigerator, in a tight container for up to one week. Try out this recipe for a soothing and chilled concoction of the ever-so-sweet mangoes.